I couldnt! I had a place to stay set up but no ride except for the train and that’s scary. Are you going to any other cons this year?
ahhhh oh dear
trains and stuff can be scary but they can also be pretty fun! i rode bus/train to acen my first year and i must have been like 17? baby sao. although there were like three of us so that helped. we figured out where we were going when we hit the airport and were looking for the bus to the con because there was a sephiroth waiting at the same stop it was pretty great (until he started stalking us through half the first day of the con ahahahahah)
i’m afraid acen is kind of my only con! the only other one in my area really is gencon and they’re hella expensive so bleh
so you knlow how everyone talks about how hard it is to get all the troll grey off of you
and you never quite believe it until you try it for yourself
holy shit is that stuff hard to get off
(eyemakeup remover, dish soap, and a potato scrub brush work pretty well lacking proper methods, though)
ugh i have so many things to get ready for acen but i am having such a hard time motivating myself todayyyy aahhhhh i just want to sleep for an age
i guess things i need to do:
mix makeup for proper colors
cut and hem tights into thigh-highs and armsocks
make more bracelets bracelets forever
there see that’s not so bad okay
some fairytale nonsense
1) drey as he appears in fairytale: part fairy like riou, but possibly only 1/4 blooded or so. also inherited human magic from the other parent, which clashes somewhat with his fairy magic and basically this crossbreeding did not go incredibly well. but he is drey so he is pretty much up to the challenge that his genetics have thrown at him
2) the reason there is no licl where they are both bridge trolls: lithi and chlorine meeting in the general crossover incident. lithi is pretty fairly even-tempered for a bridge troll but chlorine is actually a case of ‘how did you survive, sir?’ he is too friendly for his own good. lithi takes exception to perceived threats, nothing good comes of it.
3) lithi from reverse fairytale around 35 or so. he lets his hair grow out really long as time goes by and Reyhe refuses to let him cut it because she thinks it’s lovely. also sleeping with the bridge troll takes its marking toll
4) mistral as she appears in fairytale! she is the same age as dmitri but she started magic much sooner so she’s a bit more advanced than he is. i think she moved away from the main hub of magepower and lives pretty far away where she doesn’t have to worry too much about their practice laws and whatnot.
playing with expressions and stuff
1& 2) inspired by an imagineyourotp post about otps swapping bodies for a week, lithi expressions on chlorine’s face and chlorine’s on lithi’s
3) little lithi proving that while we often interpret him as all sweetness and rainbows (because he kind of is, compared to the other verses of him), he is actually still pretty touchy and high strung about a lot of things. drawing him upset should really not be as much fun as it is.
hello i have been very negligent of actually uploading the stuff i’ve actually managed to draw lately
so here is drey, who i have done almost nothing with since basically… the first time i drew him (here)? he is a sort of important character in some periphery of Riou’s story though, so i have endeavored to develop him more
ca. at. cat please. look at your tiny head. look at your long chubby tube body. why do i love you so much get out.
MR CAT IS PERFECT I WOULD MARRY HIM
important development questions: does your character eat their sandwiches with or without the crust, the apple sliced or whole, ranch or bleu cheese, how long do they let someone grate cheese on their food at olive garden
lithi: with crust, without is too much trouble; sliced because he is a picky delicate eater; ranch because same and it is milder also very little of it; like probably a reasonable 5-10 seconds or so
dmitri: with crust, doesn’t really care?; whole usually if he is actually eating an apple; either probably; usually lets someone else call it and if there is nobody else he is not at olive garden because he is ordering in motherfucker
riou: with although i bet he was a total brat about it as a child; sliced, whole, or in chunks, also apple flavored candy, basically fuck you give him the apple and stop asking questions and nobody will get hurt (that’s a lie the only thing he’s capable of hurting is your eardrums); ranch all the way bleu cheese is way too strong a musky/savory flavor for him; he will let them go until it is like unto a soft snowfall upon the surface of the salad unless someone else kicks him under the table or calls it for him.
also i have had pesterchum for like. 2 years at least? and i am only just now really figuring out how to use it and falling in love with it.
sister and livali win this round
aaaaaahhhh hhhhhh i’m working light booth for this concert tonight and they had the cluster in (which is this big thing of speakers that lowers between the stage and the ceiling) and i had to go fiddle with lights to cut them off the cluster because we hadn’t focused for this and i’m awful at playing with the lights by myself AAAHHHH CREIS
i guess i did okay dealing with it but wow what a start to the evening